At a Glance
- For use only by the student to which the card is issued.
- Valid for travel to and from school only.
- Cards are valid for up to eight trips per school day, between 5:30 am and 8 pm.
- May be used for all SEPTA transit modes, including Regional Rail.
- Cards are tapped at a farebox or turnstile just like regular Key cards.
- May be used throughout the school year.
- Card remains valid subsequent academic years until the student graduates.
- No cost to students or their parent/guardians.
For Students in Kindergarten-12th Grade
SEPTA works with the various Southeastern Pennsylvania school districts to help eligible students get transportation. Student fares are available to all school districts within the SEPTA service area.
The school district in which a student resides is responsible for the student’s transportation to and from school, within the guidelines set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Service for the Academic Year
The information is for the academic year only and does not apply to students attending summer programs.
The school district, not SEPTA directly, distributes the SEPTA Key Student Fare cards during the first few days of school. School administrators will assign the cards to eligible students and transmit the card numbers to activate them.
Students cannot obtain the card directly from SEPTA.
The cards are good for up to eight trips per school day, between 5:30 am and 8 pm and includes taps for transfers.
School Districts determine the travel rights for each card, defining the number of daily trips.
Your school administrator will provide additional information as needed.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately to your school administrator. You will receive a replacement card.
Our Customer Service Center answers common questions about fares, passes, rider discounts, routes, services, advisories, and more.