To ensure that transit passengers enjoy a safe, secure, comfortable and inviting travel experience at all SEPTA stations and vehicles, please observe the following rules:
- Customers shall treat other patrons and SEPTA representatives with respect and civility; allowing the use, operation, and enjoyment of the SEPTA system in a safe and efficient manner for all persons.
- No person my interfere with the delivery of transit service.
- No person shall obstruct the flow of pedestrian traffic at any public transportation facility or interfere with the safe and efficient operation of this facility.
- No person may lie down, put their feet up, or place personal belongings on any bench or seat in a transit or railroad station including any associated concourse or platform.
- No person or any of their personal belongings may occupy more than one seat.
- No person may obstruct the free movement of any individual by lying, sitting or placing personal belongings on the platform floors, the concourses, the stairs or landings at a transit or railroad station.
- No person may use the public restrooms at a transit or railroad station to change clothes, wash or rinse clothes or bathe, except to wash their hands or face.
- No personal shall smoke or vape on SEPTA property or in vehicles.
- Use of SEPTA services and facilities is for transportation purposes only.
- Pets are allowed on SEPTA property in standard sturdy pet carriers; this includes companion animals, therapy, comfort, mental health, or emotional support animals. Service animals can ride on-board SEPTA.
- Please remember to use the proper receptacles for trash disposal and recycling.
- Repeated violations of the Code of Conduct may result in fines and a one-year ban from using the transit system. Those violating a ban order will be arrested and prosecuted for defiant trespass.
To report unsafe behavior, call SEPTA Transit Police at:
No Smoking or Vaping.
Do Not Occupy Multiple Seats.
Do Not Block Doors, Hallways or Stairwells.
Security Cameras in Use.
Treat Others with Respect.