SEPTA will operate additional rail service on New Year’s Eve to provide additional travel options for customers. A number of bus detours will also be in effect on New Year’s Day to accomodate the Mummers Parade.
Full New Year’s travel information is posted online at www.septa.org. Below is a summary of SEPTA’s holiday service plan.
Thursday, Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve
SEPTA will operate enhanced late-evening schedules on the Broad Street Line, Market Frankford Line, and Regional Rail to accomodate New Years’ Eve travel. A special customer guide is now available online at: http://www.septa/org/events/nye-service.html:
- Extra trains will operate on the Broad Street and Market Frankford Lines starting at 7:05 pm. For trabel to the fireworks displays at Penn’s Landing.
- Broad Street and Market Frankford Line trains will operate overnight service Dec. 31 into Jan 1.
- Additional late-night trips have been added on most Regional Rail lines. Scheduled have been posted at stations and online at: https://www.septa.org/events/pdf/2015-12-rrd-nye.pdf. Parking at all SEPTA-owned Regional Rail lots will be free after 5 pm. On Dec. 31.
- The Market Street/Convention Center entrance to Jefferson Station will remain open until 2 am to accomodate customers returning from New Year’s Eve fireworks.
- Regional Rail ticket windows at 30th Street, Suburban, and Jefferson Stations will remain open until 2 am, and then reopen at 6 am Jan. 1.
Friday, Jan. 1
- All SEPTA services will operate on a Sunday/Holiday schedule.
- Trains on the Broad Street Line will operate every 8-10 minutes from 8 am until at least 6 pm. To accomodate travel to and from the Mummers Parade.
- Most Bus Routes operating around City Hall and South Broad Street will be on detour due to the parade. Riders are encouraged to check the System Status page at https://www.septa.org/realtime/status/system-status.shtml before travel.
Saturday, Jan 2. and Sunday, Jan. 3
All SEPTA services will operate on normal weekend service schedules.
Monday, Jan. 4, 2016
Normal weekday service schedules resume on all SEPTA services.