Starting with the annual fall schedule change on Monday, September 1, 2014, SEPTA will implement the “Pay As You Enter” fare policy on Suburban Transit Routes departing 69th Street Transportation Center.
This policy change is designed to shrink dwell time at passenger stops, reduce fare evasion and streamline travel for riders who will now be able to exit via the rear doors of buses without going back to the fare box upon departure.
“Pay As You Enter” is the way that fares are currently paid for travel towards 69th Street Transportation Center and is how passengers currently pay fares when using City Transit Routes. Now with every trip, passengers will use the same fare payment procedure now used on all other SEPTA routes.
Leaflets and signs notifying riders about the new payment procedures are posted at 69th Street Transportation Center and on www.septa.org. Additional SEPTA staff will be available to ease passengers through the transition during the first week of September. Riders with additional questions can visit the Customer Service Office at the Transportation Center or contact the Travel Information Center at 215-580-7800.
Routes transitioning to “Pay As You Enter” Fare Payment on September 1, 2014
- 101 to Media
- 102 to Sharon Hill
- 103 to Ardmore
- 104 to West Chester University
- 105 to Ardmore and Paoli
- 106 to Ardmore and Paoli
- 107 to Lawrence Park
- 109 to Chester Transportation Center
- 110 to Penn State and Springfield Mall
- 111 to Chadds Ford and Penn State
- 112 to Delaware County Community College
- 113 to Tri-State Mall and Darby Transportation Center
- 116 to USPS Eastwick Facility
- 120 to Cheyney University
- 123 to King of Prussia
- 126 to Lawrence Park
- Norristown High Speed Line to Norristown Transportation Center
- 108 will continue “pay as you enter” at 69th Street
Additional Fare Information
Fare information for other SEPTA routes and sales locations can be found on the Fares page or by visiting https://www.septa.org/fares/index.html.