SEPTA would like to remind customers that it will launch several enhancements to the SEPTA Key program for new and existing cardholders beginning Friday, May 4. This follows the end of token sales at all SEPTA-operated locations on Monday.
In response to customer feedback, the minimum amount to load funds onto the SEPTA Key Card Travel Wallet will be lowered from $10 to $5. The maximum per transaction will remain $250. The Travel Wallet feature – the best option for customers who currently use tokens or tokens and transfers – offers the same discounted fare they pay today.
In addition, on May 4, the $4.95 cost to buy a Key Card will go into effect, however, customers will be reimbursed for the fee if they register their Key Card within 30 days of purchasing it. Upon registration of the card, the $4.95 fee will be automatically applied to the customer’s Travel Wallet, and can then be used for individual rides, or put toward the purchase of a TransPass or One Day Convenience Pass. This reimbursement will not apply to any SEPTA Key Cards obtained prior to May 4 and will be limited to two Cards per Customer Account. Customers can register their Card online at www.septakey.org or by calling the Key Customer Call Center at 1-855-567-3782. All customers are urged to register their SEPTA Key Cards to protect against loss or theft.
Since the public launch of the SEPTA Key in June 2016, SEPTA has issued more than 750,000 free Key cards to riders. Customers are reminded that the cards are reloadable and reusable, so they should keep their Key cards – just as they would a bank or credit card.
Customers who are still using tokens and legacy TransPasses are urged to make the switch to the SEPTA Key. It provides the same fare payment methods and discounts, but with added convenience and benefits including:
- One Card that can be loaded and reloaded with the SEPTA Transit fare of your choice:
- Weekly/Monthly TransPass, One Day Convenience Pass
- Put money in the Card Travel Wallet and ride as you do today using tokens and transfers
- Protection against loss or theft when you register your Key Card
- Options to purchase fares at SEPTA sales offices, transit station/bus loop Fare Kiosks, online at www.septakey.org, and at over 200 locations that are part of the Key External Retail Network.
For more information about the SEPTA Key, visit www.septa.org/key.