The 25th Annual Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure return to the Eakins Oval/Parkway area on Sunday, May 10, 2015.
SEPTA will provide additional early trips on Regional Rail to accommodate the traditionally large crowds that head to the event. These trips, which supplement regularly scheduled Regional Rail service, will arrive in Center City before 6:45 am, just in time for the official start of the race events at 7:00 am
The Supplemental Schedules and a Special Rider Guide have been posted online at: https://www.septa.org/events/race.html. The list of added train departures include:
- Airport Line: Extra trip departs from Eastwick Station at 5:47 am
- Chestnut Hill East Line: Extra trip departs from Chestnut Hill East Station at 6:11 am
- Glenside Combined: Extra trip departs from Glenside Station at 5:29 am
- Media/Elwyn Line: Extra trip departs from Elwyn Station at 5:33 am
- Lansdale/Doylestown Line: Extra trip departs from Lansdale Station at 5:12 am
- Manayunk/Norristown Line: Extra trip departs from Elm Street Station at 5:48 am
- Paoli/Thorndale Line: Extra trip departs from Malvern at 5:20 am
- Wilmington/Newark Line: Extra trip departs from Marcus Hook Station at 5:48 am
- West Trenton Line: Extra trip departs from West Trenton Station at 5:18 am
- Warminster Line: Extra trip departs from Warminster Station at 5:41 am
Beginning at 7:30am, SEPTA Bus Routes 7, 27, 32, 33, 38, 43, and 48 will be detoured from their routings on and around the Parkway race course. In addition, service on Trolley Route 15 will be replaced with bus service to accommodate race-related detours on West Girard Avenue. Affected riders are urged to plan ahead for additional travel time. Specific line detours are now posted on the System Status page at www.septa.org
In addition to the online rider guide and bus detour pages, passengers can always access transit service information by connecting with SEPTA on Twitter (@septa_social), contacting telephone customer service at 215-580-7800 or by downloading the official SEPTA App available as a free download for Apple & Android Devices.