New SEPTA Regional Rail schedules will go into effect on Sunday, March 10. The new schedules will focus on weekday service improvements and are designed to improve service reliability, on-time performance and to support a track rehabilitation project along the Lansdale/Doylestown Line. Saturday and Sunday Regional Rail service will not change as part of the March 10 schedule change.
The March 10 schedule change includes adjustments to weekday train departure times for all SEPTA Regional Rail Lines except the Airport, Cynwyd and Chestnut Hill East Lines, which will continue to operate under the schedule with the Dec. 16, 2018 effective date. The Wilmington/Newark Line will operate under a special temporary schedule from March 2 – 22, 2019. Significant adjustments were made to train departure times and service patterns along the Lansdale/Doylestown and Paoli/Thorndale Lines due to construction. This is part of SEPTA’s ongoing efforts to fine tune Regional Rail schedules to best serve customer needs. Customers should refer to timetables with the March 10 effective date for specific service information. Printed schedules are available at Center City stations and can be downloaded at https://www.septa.org/schedules/upcoming-rail.html. Posted signage at stations will provide additional service and boarding information. Customers should also note that Daylight Saving Time will take effect on Sunday, March 10 at 2:00 am
SEPTA encourages Regional Rail passengers with iPhone or Android devices to sign up for the SEPTA App. Current Android and iPhone app users can receive the latest version of the Regional Rail schedules by updating the SEPTA App on Sun. March 10. To update the iPhone app, users should tap “Settings” and then “Update” to get the new schedules. Riders using the SEPTA app for Android devices should visit the Google Play Store for updated schedules. The ‘Next to Arrive’ feature at http://app.septa.org/nta/ provides personalized schedule information for customer trips and also delivers real-time train status information to a customer’s cell phone.
Highlights of the March 10 schedule change are as follows:
- Significant changes including earlier departure times and adjusted train service patterns, were made to Lansdale/Doylestown and Paoli/Thorndale Line trains to and from Center City due to construction.
- Chestnut Hill West: Changes include adjustments to departure times for select trains including trains departing earlier than previously scheduled. Inbound Train #860 will now depart from Chestnut Hill West Station at 7:25 pm and will operate 18 minutes earlier at all stations.
- Fox Chase: New morning service has been added. Select inbound and outbound trains will operate earlier than currently scheduled. Inbound train #8721 will now depart from Fox Chase at 7:54 am and will operate 15 minutes earlier than previously scheduled at all stations. Inbound Train #8517 has been renumbered to #6817 and will now depart from Fox Chase at 8:28 am This train will operate 19 minutes earlier at all stations and will no longer operate continued service to Paoli/Thorndale Line stations. New Outbound train #6810 will depart from Suburban Station at 6:08 am and will provide local service from Center City to Fox Chase. Late night outbound Train #860 will now depart from Suburban Station at 7:58 pm and will operate 18 minutes earlier at all stations.
- Glenside Combined: Changes include adjustments to service due to construction on the Lansdale/Doylestown Line. Six trains originating on the line were removed from the schedule and replaced by new trains to maintain similar service levels at Elkins Park and Melrose Park Stations. Customers should refer to the Lansdale/Doylestown Line schedule for more information.
- Lansdale/Doylestown: Adjustments were made to the current weekday schedule to support a track rehabilitation project between Gwynedd Valley and Glenside Stations. These service adjustments will allow SEPTA to maintain current service levels during construction. Select trains will operate earlier. Inbound midday trains will operate with hourly service from 8:45 am until 3:45 pm. Instead of every 30 minutes. New outbound Train #3530 will depart from Suburban Station at 7:17 am and will operate with service to Lansdale Station. Outbound trains operating between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm will operate hourly instead of every 30 minutes between North Hills and Doylestown Stations.
- Manayunk/Norristown: Select trains have been renumbered. Outbound Train #5224 will now depart from Suburban Station at 8:05 am and will now operate with continued service to Paoli/Thorndale Line stations. Inbound Train #6291 departing from Miquon at 8:44 am has been renumbered to Train #2517 and will operate at the current scheduled times.
- Media/Elwyn: Select trains will operate at different times or with different service patterns than previously scheduled including changes to continuing service and added D stops (trains stop to discharge or pick up passengers but may depart ahead of schedule). Inbound train #330 has been renumbered to Train #3530 and will depart from Elwyn at 6:28 am This train will now operate earlier at all stations and will now operate with continued service to Lansdale/Doylestown Line stations to improve on-time performance. Train #3226 which departs from Elwyn Station at 7:23 am will now operate with D stops at University City, 30th Street, Suburban and Jefferson Stations. This train will terminate at Temple University Station and will no longer operate continued service to Manayunk/Norristown Line Stations. Train #3542 departing from Elwyn Station at 8:33 am has been renumbered to Train #1342 and will terminate at Suburban Station. This train will no longer make stops at Jefferson and Temple University Stations or operate continued service to Link Belt Station due to construction on the Lansdale/Doylestown Line.
- Paoli/Thorndale Line: To support construction on the Lansdale/Doylestown Line and ongoing Amtrak construction near Paoli Station, changes were made to service patterns and select weekday train departure times. Inbound trains #546, #550, #554 and #558 will now terminate at Suburban Station. Trains #560 and #562 will operate continued service to the Doylestown Line. Outbound trains #525, #529, #533, #537 and #541 departing between 11:15 am and 3:15 pm will now originate from Suburban Station. Late night outbound train #1595 will now reach Paoli Station at 2:30 am, 16 minutes later than previously scheduled due to ongoing Amtrak construction.
- Trenton: Select train departure times will change and select NJ Transit connections were updated. Customers should refer to the NJ Transit portion of the Trenton schedule for complete service information. Train #7408 departing from Trenton at 6:31 am has been renumbered to #7308 and will operate continued service to West Trenton stations. Outbound train #8721 will now depart from Suburban Station at 8:33 am and will operate 15 minutes earlier at all stations to improve service reliability. Outbound Train #9741 will now depart from Suburban Station at 4:08 pm and operate 20 minutes later all stations to better accommodate customers during the peak travel period.
- Warminster: New Train #4815 departing from Warminster at 7:50 am will make stops between Warminster and Jenkintown-Wyncote stations with express service to Center City and continued service to Chestnut Hill West Stations. Inbound Train #6419 will operate with a new service pattern originating from Glenside at 8:32 am with service to Center City. This train will terminate at 30th Street Station. Customers continuing to Chestnut Hill West stations should take Train #4815 which departs from Glenside at 8:18 am New outbound train #5412 will depart from Suburban Station at 7:37 am with service to Glenside Station.
- West Trenton: Select train departure times will change or have been replaced by new trains. Inbound train #3755 departing from West Trenton at 5:27 pm will no longer stop at Fern Rock Transportation Center and will make earlier stops at Jenkintown, Wyncote, Temple University, Jefferson, Suburban and 30th Street Stations. Outbound train #6300 will now depart from Suburban Station at 9:20 am and will operate 10 minutes later at all stations.
- Wilmington/Newark: A temporary schedule is in effect from March 2-22, 2019 while Amtrak completes a concrete tie replacement project. Customers can download the temporary Wilmington/Newark Line schedule at https://www.septa.org/alert/wil.html After March 22, when this work is completed, customers should refer to schedules with the December 16, 2018 effective date for service information.
Customers can also stay connected by following their Regional Rail Lines on Twitter: www.septa.org/alert/twitter. SEPTA customer service representatives are available at 215-580-7800.