Appealing Parking Violations
Parking violations can be appealed by contacting SEPTA by either letter or email within the time limit specified on the violation record/ticket. The message must include the following:
- Ticket Number or Issue Number
- License Plate Number
- Make and Color of Vehicle
- City, State, Zip
- Telephone Number
- The reason why the violation is being appealed
Appeals without contact information will not be processed.
The appeal will be processed by the Parking Department and the decision will be reviewed by SEPTA management. All decisions are final. SEPTA will try to respond to all appeals in writing or by email within 14 days of receiving the appeal.
Mail appeals to:
SEPTA Parking Violations
P.O. Box 7780-1883
Philadelphia, PA 19182-1942
Email appeals to: email@example.com
Many customers are dropped off at station parking lots. If you are dropping someone off, respect the needs of those who do park by following a few simple guidelines:
- Passengers being dropped off should exit their cars promptly and not sit idling in the parking lot.
- Do not park in vacant permit spaces or spaces designated for disabled riders.
- Keep driveways and travel lanes clear.
- Do not stop where your car will block walkways or access to stairwells and platforms.
- Do not block vacant parking spaces.
- While waiting to pick up a passenger, be prepared to move your vehicle if it is blocking another customer’s car. Vehicles in violation of these regulations will be subject to fines and/or towing.